Neronic sentence example
- cannot be pressed so far as to exclude the possibility that the extant book is a second edition of an earlier work, or that it incorporates earlier materials, and either hypothesis would sufficiently account for the few indications of a Neronic or Vespasianic date that have been found in it" (Apoc. of St John 2, p. civ.).
- This chapter cannot be interpreted apart from the Neronic myth.
- This development of the Neronic myth belongs to the last years of the 1st century, and is decidedly against a Vespasianic date.
- He holds that i-7, 9-1 I, 5-18, belong to an original source, which was written in the reign of Vespasian and represents the earlier stage of the Neronic myth.
- We find at least two stages of the Neronic and Antichrist myth in the Apocalypse.Advertisement
- This fusion could hardly have taken place before the first half of Domitian's reign, when the last Neronic pretender appeared.
- Some decades ago these difficulties were not insurmountable, when critics assigned a Neronic date to the Apocalypse and a Domitianic or later date to the Gospel.
- 64, previous to the Neronic persecution.