Nereis sentence example
- - A, side view of the head region of Nereis cultrifera; B, dorsal view of the same.
- Usually these A, Diagram of the nephridium of Nereis diversicolor.
- Thus Nereis among the latter worms, from the resemblance which its excretory system bears to that of the Oligochaeta, may be made the starting-point of a series.
- (e) Ore antico; corpore pedato: Aphrodita, Nereis.
- Each of the nine cunei bore a name: the inscriptions of five of them, still preserved on the rock, are in honour of Zeus, Heracles, King Hiero II., his wife Philistis, and his daughterin-law Nereis.Advertisement
- Harvey, Phycologia Britannica (4 vols., London, 1846-1855); Nereis Boreali-Americana (3 pts., Washington, 1851-1858); Phycologia Australica (5 vols., London, 1858-1863); F.
- Stackhouse, Nereis Britannica (ed.
- Among the Polychaeta the nephridium of Nereis (see fig.
- In this category are included (by Goodrich and Lankester) the gonad ducts of the Oligochaeta, certain funnels without any aperture to the exterior that have been detected in Nereis, &c., funnels with wide and short ducts attached to nephridia in other Polychaeta, gonad ducts in the Capitellidae, the gonad ducts of the leeches.
- - Nereis pelagica.Advertisement