Nerazzini sentence example
- Major Nerazzini was then despatched as special envoy to the negus to arrange terms of peace.
- On the 26th of October Nerazzini succeeded in.
- The treaty having been duly ratified, and an indemnity of 400,000 paid to Menelek, the Shoan prisoners were released, and Major Nerazzini once more returned to Abyssinia with instructions to secure, if possible, Meneleks assent to the definitive retention of the Mareb-Belesa-Muna line by Italy.
- Before Nerazzini could reach Adis Ababa, Rudini, in order partially to satisfy the demands of his Radical supporters for the abandonment of the colony, announced in the Chamber the intention of Italy to limit her occupation to the triangular zone between the points Asmar, Keren and Massawa, and, possibly, to withdraw to Massawa alone.
- This declaration, of which Menelek was swiftly apprised by French agents,, rendered it impossible to Nerazzini to obtain more than a boundary leaving to Italy but a small portion.Advertisement