Nepomuk sentence example
- The Mansfeld family became extinct in 1780 on the death of Josef Wenzel Nepomuk, prince of Fondi, the lands being divided between Saxony and Prussia.
- Nepomuk >>
- Johann Nepomuk Cosmas Michael Denis >>
- JOHANN NEPOMUK VON FUCHS (1774-1856), German chemist and mineralogist, was born at Mattenzell, near Brennberg :in the Bavarian Forest, on the 15th of May 1774.
- NEPOMUK (or [[Pomuk), John Of]], the national saint of Bohemia.Advertisement
- It is necessary to distinguish between the John of Nepomuk of history and the legendary one.
- It is difficult to connect this historical event with the legend of St John of Nepomuk, who was canonized by the church of Rome in 1729, mainly by the influence of the Jesuits, who hoped that this new cult would obliterate the memory of Hus.
- It appears certain that the person canonized in 1729 was not the historical John of Pomuk or Nepomuk.
- Wratislaw, Life, Legend and Canonization of St John Nepomuk (1873), a valuable work founded on the best Bohemian authorities; also A.
- Frind, Der geschichtliche Heilige Johann von Nepomuk (1861); O.Advertisement
- Abel, Die Legende vom heiligen Johann von Nepomuk (1855); and particularly vol.
- Wenceslas also became involved in a dispute with the archbishop, which resulted in the death of the famous John of Nepomuk.
- The cathedral contains the chapel of St Wenceslaus, where the insignia of the Bohemian kings are preserved, the tomb of St John of Nepomuk, and a monument to the Bohemian sovereigns who are buried here, the work of Colin of Malines.