Nepomuk sentence example
- The Mansfeld family became extinct in 1780 on the death of Josef Wenzel Nepomuk, prince of Fondi, the lands being divided between Saxony and Prussia.
- It is necessary to distinguish between the John of Nepomuk of history and the legendary one.
- It is difficult to connect this historical event with the legend of St John of Nepomuk, who was canonized by the church of Rome in 1729, mainly by the influence of the Jesuits, who hoped that this new cult would obliterate the memory of Hus.
- It appears certain that the person canonized in 1729 was not the historical John of Pomuk or Nepomuk.
- Wenceslas also became involved in a dispute with the archbishop, which resulted in the death of the famous John of Nepomuk.Advertisement
- The cathedral contains the chapel of St Wenceslaus, where the insignia of the Bohemian kings are preserved, the tomb of St John of Nepomuk, and a monument to the Bohemian sovereigns who are buried here, the work of Colin of Malines.