Nemzeti sentence example
- Amongst other important codices are the Jorddnszky Codex (1516-1519), an incomplete copy of the translation of the Bible made by Ladislaus Batori, who died about 1456; and the Dobrentei or Gyulafehervdr Codex (1508), containing a version of the Psalter, Song of Solomon, and the liturgical epistles and gospels, copied by Bartholomew Halabori from an earlier translation (KSrnyei, A Magyar nemzeti irodalomtortenet vdzlata, 1861, p. 30).
- 4 Among its earlier productions were the Nemzeti konyvtdr (National Library), published 1843-1847, and continued in 1852 under the title Ujabb Nemzeti konyvtdr, a repository of works by celebrated authors; the KUlfoldi Regenytdr (Treasury of Foreign Romances), consisting of translations; and some valuable collections of proverbs, folk-songs, traditions and fables.
- Toldy, A Magyar nemzeti irodalom tortenete a legregibb idoktol a jelenkorig (Pest, 1864-1865; 3rd ed., 1872); S.
- Kornyei, A Magyar nemzeti irodalomtiirtenet vdzlata (Pest, 1861; 3rd ed., 1874); A.
- Karman's collected works were published in Abafi's Nemzeti Kiinyvtdr (Pest, 1878), &c., preceded by a life of Karman.Advertisement