Nemea sentence example
- 134; Pindar, Olympia, vi., Nemea, ix.; Apollodorus iii.
- 224; Pindar, Nemea, iv.
- on Pindar, Nemea, X.
- On the isthmus of Corinth, and also at Olympia and Nemea, he was worshipped as Taraxippus ("terrifier of horses"), his ghost being said to appear and frighten the horses at the games (Pausanias vi.
- 70, Nemea, iv.Advertisement
- This is the account of his death given in the Ajax of Sophocles (Pindar, Nemea, 7; Ovid, Met.
- This legend comes from the stories of the mythical hero Hercules, and Lion of Nemea was the first trial that Hercules completed successfully.