Nekhtnebf sentence example
- Nekhtnebf built the Hathor temple and great pylon at Philae, and the east pylon of Karnak, beside temples elsewhere, now vanished.
- The monuments of Philae begin with the wall of Nekhtnebf.
- Monuments of all these kings are known, and art flourished particularly under the MendesiankingsNekhtharheb (Nectanebes or Nectanebus I.) and Nekhtnebf (Nectanebes II.).
- He entered Phoenicia with every prospect of success, but having offended Agesilaus he was dethroned in a military revolt which gave the crown to Nekhtnebf or Nectanebes II., the last native king of Egypt.
- Agesilaus defeated the rival pretender and left Nekhtnebf established on the throne.Advertisement
- A first expedition was defeated by the Greek mercenaries of Nekhtnebf, ~ut a second, commanded by Ochus himself, subdued Egypt with no further resistance than that of the Greek garrison of Felusium.
- Nekhtnebf, instead of endeavouring to relieve them, retreated to Memphis and fled thence to Ethiopia, 340 (?) B.C.
- The latest building was a new temple of Nekhtnebf in the XXXth dynasty.
- About 350 B.C. Nekhtnebf, the last of the native kings of Egypt, built a temple to Isis, most of which was destroyed by floods.