Nekhen sentence example
- Many ivory figures of men, women and animals -are known from Nekhen (Hieraconpolis) and Abydos; and they all show the same school of work, simple, dignified, observant, and with ~an air which places them on a higher plane of truthfulness and precision than later art.
- The most splendid vase is one from Nekhen (Hieraconpolis), of syenite, 2 ft.
- One painted tomb was found at Nekhen (Hieraconpolis), now in the Cairo Museum; the brick walls were color-washed and covered with irregular groups of men, animals and ships, painted with red, black and green.
- The capital of Upper Egypt was Nekheb, now represented by the ruins of El Kab, with the royal residence across the river at Nekhen (Hieraconpolis); that of Lower Egypt was at Buto (PutO or Dep) in the marshes, with the royal residence in the quarter called Pe.
- The spirits of the deceased kings were honored respectively as the jackal-headed spirits of Nekhen and the hawk-headed spirits of Pc. As we hear also of the spirits of On it is probable that Heliopolis was at one time capital of a kingdom.Advertisement