Neith sentence example
- With Khnum are associated the goddesses Sati and Neith.
- Neith, the goddess of Sais, was identified with Athena, and Osiris was worshipped there in a great festival.
- Only crude brick ruins and rubbish heaps remain on the site, but a few relics conveyed to Alexandria and Europe in the Roman age have come down to our day, notably the inscribed statue of a priest of Neith who was high in favour with Psammetichus III., Cambyses and Darius.
- the ram Khnum in Elephautine, the jerboa or okapi (?) Seth in Ombos, the ibis Thoth in Hermopolis Magna, and of the gods named above, Horus in Hieraconpolis, Wepwawet in Assiut, Neith in Sais, and Mm in Coptos.
- Thus Ammon, originally the obscure local god of Thebes, was raised by the Theban monarchs of the XIIth and of the XVIIIth to XXIst Dynasties to a predominant position never equalled by any other divinity; and, by similar means, Suchos of the Fayum, IJbasti of Bubastis, and Neith of Sais, each enjoyed for a short space of time a consideration that no other cause would have secured to them.Advertisement
- But there were also local feast days like th,at of Neith in Sais (Hdt.
- The inscriptions of Pefteuauneit, priest of Neith at Sais, and from his position the native authority who was most likely to be consulted by, Cambyses and Darius, tells of his relations with these two kings.
- Pale green faience amulet of the goddess Neith, one of the four protectors of the dead.
- faience amulet of the goddess Neith, one of the four protectors of the dead.