Neisseria sentence example
- Meningococcus, a bacteria formally called Neisseria meningitidis, can be one of the most dramatic and rapidly fatal of all infectious diseases.
- "Neisseria meningitidis (Meningococcus)."
- These organisms include non-hemolytic and alpha-hemolytic streptococci, some Neisseria species, staphylococci, diphtheria and hemophilus organisms, pneumococci, yeasts, and Gram-negative rods.
- As of 2004, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Neisseria meningitidis were the leading causes of bacterial meningitis.
- Older children are more frequently infected by the bacteria Haemophilus influenzae, Neisseria meningitidis, and Streptococci pneumoniae.Advertisement
- Gonococcal-Refers to the bacterium Neisseria gonorrheae.
- The meningococcal meningitis vaccine is given by injection (shots) to provide immunization against meningococcal disease and meningitis caused by the bacterium Neisseria meningitides.
- Gonorrhea: Caused by the bacteria Neisseria gonorrhoeae, gonorrhea infects the reproductive tract of women, causing pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), a major cause of infertility.