Nehavend sentence example
- The victory at Nehavend in 641 over the Persians, the flight of the last Sassanid king and the capture of Rei or Rai (class.
- In the month of Dhu`l-ga`da 131 (June 749) Nehawend (Nehavend) surrendered, and thereby the way to Irak lay open to Qahtaba.
- Nehavend, Malayir and Kamereh, Kezzaz, Fera- Tusirkhan.
- The king fled to Media, where his generals attempted to organize the resistance; but the battle of Nehavend (?641) decided matters there.
- at the battles of Kadisiya (Kadessia) (637) and Nehavend (641):Advertisement
- NEHAVEND, a small but very fertile and productive province of Persia, situated south-west of Hamadan, west of Malayir, and north-west of Burujird.
- The capital is the ancient city of Nehavend, where Yazdegird, the last monarch of the Sassanian dynasty, was finally defeated by the Arabs.