Negrais sentence example
- from Cape Negrais in Burma, the nearest point of the mainland, and 340 m.
- Between the Andamans and Cape Negrais intervene two small groups, Preparis and Cocos; between the Andamans and Sumatra lie the Nicobar Islands, the whole group stretching in a curve, to which the meridian forms a tangent between Cape Negrais and Sumatra; and though this curved line measures 700 m., the widest sea space is about 91 m.
- long, running from Cape Negrais in the Arakan Yoma range of Burma, to Achin Head in Sumatra.
- They are placed on a line joining the north end of Sumatra and Cape Negrais, the south-western extremity of Burma.
- This delta, which includes the districts of Bassein, Myaungmya, Thongwa, Henzada, Hantha waddy, Tharrawaddy, Pegu and Rangoon town, consists almost entirely of a rich alluvial deposit, and the whole area, which between Cape Negrais and Elephant Point is 137 m.Advertisement
- The Arakan Yomas starting from Cape Negrais extend northwards more or less parallel with the coast till they join the Chin and Naga hills.
- Negrais ??%f?
- In the previous year he had massacred the English of the establishment of Negrais, whom he suspected of assisting the Peguans.
- The Europeans were suspected of having instigated the rising, and the massacre of the English at Negrais in October 17 59 is supposed to have been approved by Alompra after the event, though there is no evidence that he ordered it.
- It consists of a strip of country running along the eastern seaboard of the Bay of Bengal, from the Naaf estuary, on the borders of Chittagong, to Cape Negrais.Advertisement
- Length from northern extremity to Cape Negrais, about 400 m.; greatest breadth in the northern part, 90 m., gradually diminishing towards the south, as it is hemmed in by the Arakan Yoma mountains, until, in the extreme south, it tapers away to a narrow strip not more than 15 m.
- It stretches from Cape Negrais on the south to the Naaf estuary, which divides it from the Chittagong division of Eastern Bengal and Assam on the north, and includes the districts of Sandoway, Kyaukpyu, Akyab and northern Arakan, an area of some 18,540 sq.