Neenah sentence example
- Several bridges across the Fox River connect Menasha with Neenah, with which it really forms one community industrially.
- Doty Island, at the mouth of the river, belongs partly to Neenah and partly to Menasha.
- Neenah is a trade centre of the surrounding agricultural region, in which dairying, especially cheese-making, is carried on extensively.
- There was a trading post at or near the site of Neenah during the French regime in Wisconsin, but there was no actual settlement until well into the 19th century.
- Neenah was chartered as a city in 1873; its name is derived from an Indian word meaning "running water" or "rapids."Advertisement
- On its banks are the important manufacturing cities of Oshkosh, Fond du Lac, Neenah and Menasha, and through it flows the Fox river.