Nedim sentence example
- We now reach the reign of Ahmed III., during which flourished Nedim, the greatest of all the poets of the old school.
- Nedim stands quite alone: he copied no one, and no one has attempted to copy him.
- The classical period comes to an end with Nedim; its brightest time is that which falls between the rise of Nef'i and the death of Nedim, or, more roughly, that extending from the accession of Ahmed I.
- Ghalib's style is as original as that of Fuzuli, Nefi or Nedim.
- Mahmud Nedim Pasha >>Advertisement
- In 1871 the anti-reform influence of the grand vizier, Mahmoud Nedim, seemed to Midhat a danger to the country, and in a personal interview he boldly stated his views to the sultan, who was so struck with their force and entire disinterestedness that he appointed Midhat grand vizier in place of Mahmoud.
- MAHMUD NEDIM PASHA (c. 1818-1883), Turkish statesman, was the son of Nejib Pasha, ex-governor-general of Bagdad.