Nected sentence example
- This consists of elongated cells with cellulose walls, which are locall~ thickened along the original corners of the cells, reducing the lumer to a cylinder, so that a number of vertical pillars of cellulose con nected by comparatively thin walls form the framework of th~ tissue.
- nected ventrally to the oeso phagus by a short vessel which supplies these tentacles in the immediate neighbourhood of the mouth.
- In some girder -1 o bridges the members are connected entirely by riveting, in others the principal members are con nected by pin joints.
- If the quadrants of an electrometer are con - nected to the ends of a non-inductive circuit in series with the power-absorbing circuit, and if the needle is connected to the end of this last circuit opposite to that at which the inductionless re - sistance is connected, then the deflexion of the electrometer will be proportional to the power taken up in the circuit, since it is pro - portional to the mean value of (A - B) IC - 1 (A ±B)}, where A and B are the potentials of the quadrants and C is that of the needle.
- The function of the nected system the new mode of thinking, and to the incomparable power and eloquence with which he expounded and enforced it.Advertisement
- Some examples of this genus, described by Etheridge from Permo-Carboniferous beds in New South Wales, differ in some respects from the ordinary form, and bear a superficial resemblance to the Equise nected with a lowering of temperature and the prevalence of glacial conditions over a wide area in India and the southern hemisphere.
- This is the so-called " poly organ " theory, especially con-, nected with the name of Huxley; but it must be borne in mind that Huxley regarded all the forms produced, in any animal, between one egg-generation and the next, as constituting in the lump one single individual.