Nebi sentence example
- This point is very near the present mosque of Nebi Daniel; and the line of the great east-west "Canopic" street only slightly diverged from that of the modern Boulevard de Rosette.
- It remained the capital long after the Assyrians had become the dominant power in western Asia, but was finally supplanted by Calah (Nimrud), Nineveh (Nebi Yunus and Kuyunjik), and Dur-Sargina (Khorsabad), some 60 m.
- The highest points of the range, reckoning from the north, are Halimat el-Kabu (8257 ft.), which has a splendid view; the Fatli block, including Tal'at Musa (8721 ft.) and the adjoining Jebel Nebi Baruh (79 00 ft.); and a third group near Bludan, in which the most prominent names are Shakif, Akhyar and Abu'l-Hin (8330 ft.).
- Since the time of Josephus it has been identified with the Jebel Nebi .-Iarun ("` Mountain of the Prophet Aaron"), a twin-peaked mountain 4780 ft.
- Mount Tabor stands isolated in the plain at the north-east corner, and rather farther south the conical hill called Nebi Du hi rises between Tabor and Gilboa.Advertisement