Nazarius sentence example
- It is possible that there may be some ground for the local tradition that Christianity was introduced into this region by Dionysius and Paracodus, who successively occupied the see of Vienne, but another tradition that the first bishop was named St Nazarius rests on a confusion, as that saint belongs to Genoa and not to Geneva.
- Nazarius >>
- Twelve speeches of the kind (Pliny's included), eight of them by famous Gallic rhetoricians (Claudius Mamertinus, Eumenius, Nazarius, Drepanius Pacatus) and three of anonymous authorship, have been collected under the title of Panegyrici veteres latini (ed.
- NAZARIUS (4th century A.D.), Latin rhetorician and panegyrist, was, according to Ausonius, a professor of rhetoric at Burdigala (Bordeaux).
- 9), celebrating the victory of Constantine over Maxentius, delivered in 313 at Augusta Trevirorum (Trier), has often been attributed to Nazarius, but the difference in style and vocabulary, and the more distinctly Christian colouring of Nazarius's speech, are against this.Advertisement
- He died on the 12th of March 417, and in the Roman Church is commemorated as a confessor along with Saints Nazarius, Celsus and Victor, martyrs, on the 28th of July.