Nayar sentence example
- Whenever Hurley feels the least bit energetic, she is taking Hindu lessons, the mother tongue of Nayar.
- In 2003, she was left fuming after British Airways staff refused to upgrade her fiancÃ©, Indian tycoon Arun Nayar.
- Thus the table of social precedence attached to the Cochin report shows that while a Nayar can pollute a man of a higher caste only by touching him, people of the Kammalan group, including masons, blacksmiths, carpenters and workers in leather, pollute at a distance of 24 ft., toddy-drawers at 36 ft., Pulayan or Cheruman cultivators at 48 ft., while in the case of the Paraiyan (Pariahs) who eat beef the range of pollution is no less than 64 ft."In this bewildering maze of social grades and class distinctions, the Brahman, as will have been seen, continues to hold the dominant position, being respected and even worshipped by all the others."
- It was a weekend of weddings for actress Elizabeth Hurley and new husband Arun Nayar.
- The next day, in a more public religious service, Hurley, 41, and Nayar, 42, were married again at the same location, about 125 miles west of London.Advertisement
- Hurley and Nayar will spend the next week in India celebrating their wedding and taking part in an Indian ceremony.