Navigations sentence example
- 739-781, and in Hakluyt's Principal Navigations (1599), ii.
- Hakluyt, Principal Navigations, p. 201 (London, 1599).
- Some canals and river navigations have consequently become derelict, or are only maintained with difficulty and in imperfect condition.
- In the Black Country and neighbourhood the numerous ramifications of the Birmingham Canal navigations bear a large mineral traffic. This system is connected with the rivers Severn and Trent and the canal system of the country at large, and is controlled by the London & NorthWestern company.
- - Charles de Brosses, Histoire des navigations aux terres australes (Paris, 1756); J.Advertisement
- The naval epic of the period is Hakluyts Navigations, re-edited in 12 vols.