Navas sentence example
- Its citadel was founded as a Christian fortress after the defeat of the Moors at Las Navas de Tolosa (1212).
- In his character of Spanish prince he was a crusader, and he took a distinguished part in the great victory over the Almohades at the Navas de Tolosa in 1212.
- In the year after the battle of the Navas de Tolosa he took up arms against the crusaders of Simon of Montfort, moved not by sympathy with the Albigenses, but by the natural political hostility of the southern princes to the conquering intervention of the north under pretence of religious zeal.
- One chief of the house had been greatly distinguished at the battle of the Navas de Tolosa in 1212.
- Overthrow At the Navas de Tolosa, just south of the Sierra of the Morena, the Almohdes received the final overthrow Almohdes.Advertisement
- It will avoid repetition to note here that the Aragonese share of the reconquest was completed by James the Conqueror (1213I 276), the son of that king Peter who fought in the Navas de Tolosa.
- He fought as a crusader at the Navas de Tolosa, he went to Rome to be crowned, and did voluntary homage to the pope.
- In 1212 Mahommed III., "En-Nasir" (1199-1214), the successor of El Mansur, was utterly defeated by the allied five Christian princes of Spain, Navarre and Portugal, at Las Navas de Tolosa in the Sierra Morena.
- The fanaticism of the Muwahhadis did not prevent them from encouraging the establishment of Christians even in Fez, and after the battle of Las Navas de Tolosa they occasionally entered into alliances with the kings of Castile.