Navarra sentence example
- There may be noted Durand's Marguerite de Valois et la tour de Francois Ier (1848); La Ferriere's Marguerite d'Angouleme (1891); Lotheissen's Konigin Margareta von Navarra (1885); Miss Edith Sichel's Women and Men of the French Renaissance (1901), and P. Courtault's Marguerite de Navarre (1904).
- A very elaborate bibliography is given in the Catalogo de las obras referentes d las provincias de Alava y Navarra, by A.
- Marichalar, Marques de Montesa,and Cayetano Manrique; Fueros de Navarra Vizcaya, Guipuzcoa y Alava (Madrid, 2nd ed., 1868); and the Noticia de las cosas memorables de Guipuzcoa, by D.
- 711 Roderic had been summoned to the north on account of an invasion of Navarra by the Franks, caused, it is said, by the conspirators.
- Isla's gifts were first shown in his Triunfo del amor y de la lealtad: Dia Grande de Navarra, a satirical description of the ceremonies at Pamplona in honour of Ferdinand VI.'s accession; its sly humour so far escaped the victims that they thanked the writer for his appreciation of their local efforts, but the true significance of the work was discovered shortly afterwards, and the protests were so violent that Isla was transferred by his superiors to another district.Advertisement
- Navarra), an inland province of northern Spain, and formerly a kingdom which included part of France.
- See Histor'ia Compendiada de Navarra by Don J.
- El Reyno de Navarra Senorio de Vizcaya y Provincias de Alava y Guipuzcoa (Madrid, 1802), is full of local information, but with a strong bias in favour of the central government.