Navahos sentence example
- 4 Also there are clans like the American Apaches and Navahos who will neither kill nor eat rattlesnakes for purely " superstitious " reasons.
- Of the Indians there are two types, both of the Athapascan family; in one are the Pueblos, and in the other the Navahos, in the N.W.
- The history of New Mexico in the 18th century was uneventful, being chiefly a story of petty disagreements among the pueblos, and occasional forays of the more warlike tribes, the Navahos, Apaches and Comanches.
- The period following the American occupation of New Mexico was marked by constant depredations of the Indians, chiefly the Navahos, Apaches and a few Utes, their main object being plunder.
- Carleton against the Navahos, who were subdued and placed on a reservation on the Pecos river, and later removed to the north-western part of the Territory.Advertisement