Naturis sentence example
- Ita Cornua Ammonis, quae ex nautilorum numero habeantur, passim et forma et magnitudine (nam et pedali diametro aliquando reperiuntur) ab omnibus illis naturis discrepare dicunt, quas praebet mare.
- For in his De naturis rerum and De utensilibus (the former of which, at any rate, had become well known at the end of the 12th century, and was probably written about 1180) Neckam has preserved to us the earliest European notices of the magnet as a guide to seamen - outside China, indeed, these seem to be the earliest notices of this mystery of nature that have survived in any country or civilization.
- See Thomas Wright's edition of Neckam's De naturis reruns and De laudibus divinae sapientiae in the Rolls Series (1863), and of the De utensilibus in his Volume of Vocabularies.
- Against lax views of Socinian tendency he directed his able treatise De duabus naturis in Christo (1570).
- He is the author of De duabus in Christo naturis adversus Eutychen et Nestorium.Advertisement