Naturales sentence example
- Accesserunt Opera Posthuma: Primb, Mirifici ipsius canonis constructio, & Logarithmorum ad naturales ipsorum numeros habitudines.
- Among Peruvian naturalists since the advent of the republic, the most distinguished have been Mariano Eduardo Rivero, the geologist, mineralogist and archaeologist, and his friend and colleague Nicolas de: Pierola, authors of Memorial de ciencias naturales.
- Work on the lines suggested by the Linnaean fragmenta was continued in France by Bernard de Jussieu and his nephew, Antoine Laurent, and the arrangement suggested by the latter in his Genera Plantarum secundum Ordines Naturales disposita (1789) is the first which can claim to be a natural system.
- of these treatises are: De anima intellectiva (1 270); Quaestiones logicales; Quaestiones naturales; De aeternitate mundi; Quaestio utrum haec sit Vera; Homo est animal nullo homine existente; Impossibilia.
- The earliest mercurial pump, devised by Swedenborg and described in his Miscellanea observata circa yes naturales (1722), was statical in action, consisting essentially in replacing the solid piston of the mechanical pump by a column of mercury, which by being alternately raised and lowered gradually exhausted a vessel.Advertisement
- The theoretical assumptions of Newton and Euler (hypotheses magis mathematicae quam naturales) of a resistance varying as some simple power of the velocity, for instance, as the square or cube of the velocity (the quadratic or cubic law), lead to results of great analytical complexity, and are useful only for provisional extrapolation at high or low velocity, pending further experiment.
- But as the author appears to have known and made use of the Quaestiones Naturales of Seneca (written A.D.
- His Arabic studies he collected under the title Perdifficiles Quaestiones Naturales, printed after 1472.