Nativeborn sentence example
- In 1900 less than 1.3% of the population was coloured; 30.2% were foreign-born (this element having almost continuously risen from 16.49% in 1855), and 62.3% of all inhabitants and 46.5% of those nativeborn had one or both parents of foreign birth.
- The federal census of 1900 showed that of every ioo persons employed for gain only 37.5% were of native descent (that is, had a nativeborn father).
- All the high posts and offices were filled by men sent from Spain, with the result that bitter jealousy reigned between them and the nativeborn colonists (criollos).
- The protected country remains, in regard to the protecting state, a foreign country; and this being so, the inhabitants of the protectorate, whether nativeborn or immigrant settlers, do not by virtue of the relationship between the protecting and the protected state become subjects of the protecting state " (Lord Justice Kennedy, Rex v.
- Of the total population in 1900, 1,553,071, or 75.1%, were nativeborn, the increase in native-born since 1890 having been 32.3%, while there was a decrease of foreign-born of o 6%.Advertisement