Natisone sentence example
- It is situated on the river Natisone, which forms a picturesque ravine here.
- Natisone), the course of which has changed somewhat since Roman times.
- In the first place it was impossible to support the defence by direct flanking fire against attacking troops; in the second place, there was little depth in the lines traced on the Zagradan-Jeza ridge, which fell rapidly to the head of the Judrio valley and the glens which carry the minor streams between the Judrio and the Natisone.
- He had enough men, though a number of his units were below strength, while others were battle-worn and others again had suffered much from an intestinal disease that had been prevalent in the valleys of the Natisone and the Judrio; and he had enough guns, in spite of the withdrawal of the Allied artillery, though he would doubtless have been glad of a larger reserve.
- Corps) was beginning to be attacked at Luico, while its left was extending to occupy Monte Matajur and join hands with the 53rd, which had been dispatched by Capello to block the Natisone valley.Advertisement
- He felt that unless he could delay the enemy advance down the Natisone and Judrio valleys by more than a mere rearguard action he ran the risk of having his centre and right, and all the mass of troops in the Udine plain, cut off from his bases.
- Corps had been close at hand, on the Stol and higher up the Natisone valley, the inrush of the enemy might have been stemmed.