Nasru sentence example
- The non-Mussulman Persian subjects, particularly those in the provinces, were formerly much persecuted, but since 1873, when Nasru d-Dfn Shah returned to Persia from his first journey to Europe they have been treated more liberally.
- One is the Nasru d-Din, an old yacht of about 120 tons, presented in the seventies by the emperor of, Russia, and stationed at Enzeli, the port of Resht.
- In 1889, after Nasru d-Din Shahs return from his third visit to Europe, the council of state was instructed to compile a code of law for the regulation of justice.
- Now that the narrative of Persian kings has been brought up to the period of the consolidation of the Kajar dynasty and commencement of the 19th century, there remains but to summarize the principal events in the reigns of Fath Ali Shah and his immediate successors, Mahommed Shah and Nasru d-Din Shah.
- The chief events in the long reign of Nasru d-Din, fall under four heads: (1) the insurrection in Khorasan, (2) the insurrection of the Babis, (3) the fall of the amiru n-nizarn, and (4) the war with England.Advertisement
- The salar now defied Murad Mirza, Nasru d-Dins uncle, who was besieging the city.
- He was the son of a cook 0f Bahram Mirza, Mahommed Shahs brother, and he had filled high and important offices of state and amassed much wealth when he was 1~ih1 of made by the young shah Nasru d-Din, on his accession, MirzaTakl.
- Nasru d-Din Shah, unlike his predecessors, visited Europe in 1873 and in 1879.
- Nasru l-Mulk was appointed minister of finance (Feb.
- In person he is described as short and fat, with an aquiline nose and agreeable countenance.f On the occasion of his fathers death, Nasru d-Din Mirza, who had been proclaimed wali ahd, or heir apparent, some years before, was absent at Tabriz, the headquarters of his province of ~ Azerbaijan.Advertisement