Narvik sentence example
- N.) with the main line of railway from Stockholm to Gellivara and Narvik on Ofoten Fjord in Norway.
- At Boden the main line joins a line originally built to connect the iron-mines of Gellivara with the port of Lulea; the system is continued past Gellivara to Narvik on the Ofoten Fjord in Norway, this being far north of the Arctic Circle, and the line the most northerly in the world.
- In Norrland the deposits at Gellivara have long been worked, with the assistance of a railway to the Bothnian port of Lulea, but in 1903 the northern railway was completed across the Norwegian frontier to Narvik on Ofoten Fjord, and the vast deposits at the hills of Kirunavara and Luossavara began to be worked.
- NARVIK or Victoriahavn, a seaport on the Ofoten Fjord of the north-west coast of Norway, in Nordland amt (county), 68° 30' N.
- Narvik is 167 m.Advertisement
- Narvik is a convenient point from which to visit the beautiful Lofoten Islands.
- Their working is facilitated by the railway from Stockholm to Gellivara, Kirunavara and Narvik on the Norwegian coast, which also connects them with the port of Lulea, on the Gulf of Bothnia.
- presumed dead in the sinking of the HMS Hardy at Narvik in Norway on 10 April 1940.
- S.S.E.), besides executing a considerable portion of the preliminary works for the continuation of the line on the Norwegian side from Ofoten Fjord upwards (see Narvik).
- NARVIK or Victoriahavn, a seaport on the Ofoten Fjord of the north-west coast of Norway, in Nordland amt (county), 68Ã‚° 30' N.Advertisement