Narova sentence example
- In 1657 he was appointed ministerplenipotentiary to treat with the Swedes on the Narova river.
- The chronicle of Nestor mentions as inhabitants of the Baltic coast the Chudes, the Livs, the Narova, Letgola, Semigallians and Kors.
- The principal stream is the Narova, which issues from Lake Peipus, flows along the eastern border, and empties into the Gulf of Finland.
- The manufactories consist chiefly of distilleries (over 13, 500,000 gallons annually), cotton (at Kranholm falls on the Narova), woollen, flour, paper and saw mills, iron and machinery works, and match factories.
- The Narova flows out of Lake Peipus into the Gulf of Finland at Narva; it has remarkable rapids, which are used to generate power for cotton-mills; in spite of this, the river is navigated.Advertisement