Narmer sentence example
- 22), we come to the great histOrical carving of King Narmer (Plate II.
- The large ceremonial mace-heads recording the Sed festivals of the king Narmer and another, belong also to this school; but owing to their smaller size they have not such artistic detail.
- The great palettes of slate covered with elaborate reliefs are probably all of the pre-Menite kings; the most advanced of them having the figure of Narmer, who preceded Menes.
- Other carving full of detail is on the great mace-heads of Narmer and the Scorpion king, where scenes of ceremonials are minutely engraved in relief.
- By the portrait, it is probably gf King Narmer or some king related to him, that is, about the beginning of the 1st Dynasty.Advertisement