Nardi sentence example
- took place, and Biagio Nardi, having been elected dictator, proclaimed that Italy is one; the Italian nation one sole nation.
- JACOPO NARDI (b.
- When the Medici again definitely became masters of Florence in 1530, Nardi was exiled from the city and his property confiscated.
- Arbib's edition of Nardi's history (Florence, 1842) contains a biography of the author, and so does that of Agenore Gelli (Florence, 1888).
- Varchi, Nardi, Jacopo Pitti and Bernardo Segni are unanimous upon this point; but it is only the recent publication of Guicciardini's private MSS.Advertisement
- It remains the most solid monument of the Italian reason in the 16th century, the final triumph of that Florentine school of philosophical historians which included Machiavelli, Segni, Pitti, Nardi, Varchi, Francesco Vettori and Donato Giannotti.
- At Modena, Duke Francis IV., the worst of all Italian tyrants, was expelled by a Carbonarist rising, and a dictatorship was established under Biagio Nardi on the 5th of February.