Narconon sentence example
- A program that has been garnering a lot of attention lately is Narconon.
- Narconon is a drug treatment program founded by William Benitez in 1966 while he was incarcerated at the Arizona State Prison.
- According to Narconon International Drug Prevention and Rehabilitation, their methods have a 75 percent success rate in treating persons with drug addiction.
- Narconon does not use drugs to treat addiction.
- Narconon has divisions devoted to drug prevention and education, peer leadership training for students, and workplace drug prevention and training.Advertisement
- The Narconon Drug Rehabilitation Program, First Step Program, and New Life Detoxification Program are used to treat addicts who want to make a change in their life for the better.
- Sessions are frequently taught by instructors who have been through the Narconon program.
- The drug detox program developed by Narconon is based on the thought that drug residue stays in the fatty tissues of the body.
- Narconon believes that with treatment, this residue can be removed.
- More information about all these programs can be found at the Narconon International website.Advertisement
- Additionally, Narconon provides information on specific alcohol and drugs.
- In 2005, California state school superintendent Jack O'Connell advised state schools to drop the Narconon program in their districts after finding that it subtly taught Scientology beliefs during drug prevention presentations.