Naoh sentence example
- When dissolved in water it yields some NaOH and H202; on crystallizing a cold 'solution Na202.8H20 separates as large tabular hexagonal crystals, which on drying over sulphuric acid give Na 2 0 2.2H 2 0; the former is also obtained by precipitating a mixture of caustic soda and hydrogen peroxide solutions with alcohol.
- This means that portion which neutralizes the acid employed for testing, and the degrees mean the percentage of Na 2 O thus found, whether it be present as Na 2 CO 3, NaOH, or sodium aluminate or silicate.
- The alkaline liquid is now transferred to vacuum pans, constructed in such a manner that the unchanged chloride, which " salts out " during the concentration, can be removed without disturbing the vacuum, and here at last a concentrated pure solution of KOH or NaOH is obtained which is sold in this state, or " finished " as solid caustic in the manner described in the section treating of the Leblanc soda.
- As the electrolysis goes on, NaOH is formed at the cathodes and remains at the bottom.
- Sodium monothiophosphate, Na 3 PSO 3.12H 2 0, is obtained by adding one P 2 S 5 to six NaOH, adding alcohol, dissolving the precipitate in water and heating to 90°.Advertisement
- The hydroxide or caustic soda, NaOH, is usually manufactured from the carbonate or by electrolysis of salt solution (see Alkali Manufacture).
- Sodium monothiophosphate, Na 3 PSO 3.12H 2 0, is obtained by adding one P 2 S 5 to six NaOH, adding alcohol, dissolving the precipitate in water and heating to 90Ã‚°.
- Using tartaric acid as a standard for determining the titer of your NaOH is probably good enough - at least for TA measurements.