Nangis sentence example
- For the Crusades of St Louis the chief authorities are Joinville's life of his master (whom he accompanied to Egypt on the Seventh Crusade), and de Nangis' Gesta Ludovici regis.
- WILLIAM OF NANGIS (d.
- William Of Nangis >>
- iii.) with the continuations of the chronicle of William of Nangis, though it has every claim to be considered as an independent work.
- By Bertrada de Montfort he had three children: Philip, count of Montes; Fleury or Florus, who married the heiress of Nangis; and Cecilia, who married, first Tancred, prince of Galilee and Antioch, and secondly Pons de Saint Gilles, count of Tripoli.Advertisement
- Francisque Michel (1858, &c.), pp. 142, &c.; Jean Pierre Sarrasin, in same vol., pp. 254-255; William of Nangis in Recueil des historiens des Gaules, xx.
- Besides the works of Joinville and William of Nangis, see Elie Berger, "Histoire de Blanche de Castille, reine de France," in Bibliotheque des ecoles francaises d'Athenes et de Rome, vol.