Nanay sentence example
- IQUITOS, a city and river port of Peru, and capital of the great inland department of Loreto, on the left bank of the upper Amazon near the mouth of the Rio Nanay, 87 m.
- The Nanay is the next Amazon tributary of importance west of the Napo.
- The Tigre is the next west of the Nanay, and is navigable for 125 m.
- Like the Nanay, it belongs wholly to the plains.
- Continuing west from the Tigre we have the Parinari, Chambira, and Nucuray, all short lowland streams, resembling the Nanay in character.Advertisement