Namako sentence example
- For edible purposes the most valuable of the Japanese echinoderms is the sea-slug or bche de mer (namako), which is greatly appreciated and forms an important staple of export to China.
- Namako for (fish-roe) grounds were essential for the mountings Scuiptiwed - Decoration.
- Namako is obtained by punching the whole surfaceexcept the portion carrying the decorative designinto a texture of microscopic dots.
- Namako disposed in straight parallel lines originally ranked at the head of this kind of work.
- A century later, the daimyo namako was invented, in which lines of dots alternated with lines of polished ground.Advertisement
- The first makers of namako did not aim at regularity in the distribution of these dots; they were content to produce the effect of millet-seed sifted haphazard over the surface.