Naivasha sentence example
- Naivasha >>
- NAIVASHA, the name of a lake, town and province, in British East Africa.
- Naivasha was discovered in 1883 by Gustav Adolf Fischer (1848-1886), one of the early explorers of the Tana and Masai regions, and the first to demonstrate the continuance of the rift-valley through equatorial Africa.
- Naivasha province contains much land suitable for colonization by white men, and large areas were leased to Europeans by the British authorities in 1903 and subsequent years.
- in the valley of the Gilgal and surrounding country north of Lake Naivasha.Advertisement
- The Naivasha race tends to show pale tipped feathers on their heads which this gives them a somewhat frosty effect.
- The railway from Mombasa to Victoria Nyanza skirts the eastern side of the lake, and on the railway close to the lake is built the town of Naivasha, 6230 ft.