Naissance sentence example
- This event was celebrated by Delavigne in a Dithyrambe sur la naissance du roi de Rome, which secured for him a sinecure in the revenue office.
- Castaigne, Dissertation sur le lieu de naissance et sur la famille du chroniqueur Ademar, moine de l'abbaye de St Cybard d'Angouleme (Angouleme, 1850).
- There is one date, however, which may be remembered with advantage as the starting-point in time of the Re naissance, after the departure from the middle ages had been definitely and consciously made by the Italians.
- Depicting feudalism in the vivid colours of an age at war with feudal institutions, breathing into antique histories the breath of actual life, embracing the romance of Italy and Spain, the mysteries of German legend, the fictions of poetic fancy and the facts of daily life, humours of the moment and abstractions of philosophical speculation, in one homogeneous amalgam instinct with intense vitality, this extraordinary birth of time, with Shakespeare for the master of all ages, left a monument of the Re- naissance unrivalled for pure creative power by any other product of that epoch.
- Influence A graduate of Pavia, a learned lawyer, who translated of the Caesar and Cicero, composed works both in Latin Italian Re- and English, and habitually impaled his victims, he naissance.Advertisement
- Todd, La Naissance du chevalier au cygne, an inedited French poem of the 12th cent.
- Barbier, Rene Descartes, sa famille, son lieu de naissance, &c. (1901); Richard Lowndes, Rene Descartes, his Life and Meditations (London, 1878); J.