Nahe sentence example
- MUNSTER AM Stein, a watering-place of Germany, in the Prussian Rhine province, on the Nahe, 21m.
- The Principality Of Birkenfeld iS hilly and well-forested; agriculture prospers on the cleared lands, and fruit is grown in the valley of the Nahe, the principal stream.
- KREUZNACH (CREUZNACH), a town and watering-place of Germany, in the Prussian Rhine province, situated on the Nahe, a tributary of the Rhine, 9 m.
- Of the numerous tributaries which join the Rhine within the province, the most important are the Nahe, the Mosel and the Ahr on the left bank, and the Sieg, the Wupper, the Ruhr and the Lippe on the right.
- The vine-culture occupies a space of about 30,000 acres, about half of which are in the valley of the Mosel, a third in that of the Rhine itself, and the rest mainly on the Nahe and the Ahr.Advertisement
- NAHE, a river of Germany, a left-bank tributary of the Rhine, rises near Selbach in the Oldenburg principality of Birkenfeld.
- Drusus is said to have erected a fort here in 14 B.C. In 413 the emperor Jovinus permitted the Burgundians under their king Guntar or Guntiar to settle on the left bank of the Rhine between the Lauter and the Nahe.
- OBERSTEIN, a town of Germany, in the principality of Birkenfeld, belonging to the grand duchy of Oldenburg, on the river Nahe, 33m.
- Nahe >>
- It is situated on the left bank of the Rhine opposite Riidesheim, at the confluence of the Nahe (or Nava), which is crossed near its mouth by a stone bridge, attributed to Drusus, and certainly of Roman origin, and an iron railway bridge.Advertisement
- BINGERBRUCK, a town of Germany, in the Prussian Rhine province, at the confluence of the Nahe and the Rhine, lying just below Bingen, and at the junction of the main lines of railway - Mainz-Coblenz and Bingerbriick-Metz.
- The Saar coal-field, within the area enclosed by the rivers Saar, Nahe and Blies (460 sq.
- The Ill and the Nahe on the left and the Neckar and the Main on the right are, however, notable exceptions.