Nahco sentence example
- Sodium percarbonates of the formulae Na 2 CO 4, Na2C206, Na 2 C05, NaHCO 4 (two isomers) are obtained by the action of gaseous or solid carbon dioxide on the peroxides Na 2 0 2, Na 2 0 3, NaHO 2 (two isomers)in the presence of water at a low temperature (R.Wolffenstein and E.Peltner, Ber., 1908, 41, pp. 275, 280).
- The acid carbonate or bicarbonate of soda, NaHCO 3, is produced in the ammonia-soda process for alkali manufacture.
- Liebig, Ann., 1832, r, p. 199), by heating chloral with alkalis (Liebig), CC1 3 CHO + NaHO = CHC1 3 + NaHCO 2, or by heating trichloracetic acid with ammonia (J.
- The operation is finished when all the sodium sulphide has been converted into normal sodium carbonate, partly also into acid sodium carbonate (bicarbonate) NaHCO 3; at the same time a precipitate is formed, consisting of ferrous sulphide, alumina and silica, which is removed by another settling tank, and the clear liquor is now ready either for boiling down in a " fishing-pan " for the manufacture of white soda-ash, or for the process of causticizing.
- The temperature must not be allowed to rise beyond a certain point, for the reaction NaC1+ NH 4 HC03= NaHCO 3 4-NH 4 C1 is reversible, and at a temperature of about 60° or 70° C. it is in fact practically going the wrong way, viz.Advertisement
- The leading reaction of this process is the mutual decomposition of ammonium bicarbonate and sodium chloride: NaCI+NH 4 HCO 3 = NaHCO 3 -1-NH 4 C1.
- The temperature must not be allowed to rise beyond a certain point, for the reaction NaC1+ NH 4 HC03= NaHCO 3 4-NH 4 C1 is reversible, and at a temperature of about 60Ã‚° or 70Ã‚° C. it is in fact practically going the wrong way, viz.