Nagyszeben sentence example
- The Orthodox Eastern Church in Hungary is subject to the authority of the metropolitan of Carlowitz and the archbishop of Nagyszeben (Hermannstadt); under the former are the bishops of Bacs, Buda, Temesvar, Versecz and Pakracz, and under the latter the bishops of Arad and Karansebes.
- Besides the museums mentioned in the article Budapest, several provincial towns contain interesting museums, namely, Pressburg, Temesvhr, Deva, Kolozsvar, Nagyszeben; further, the national museum at Zagram, the national (Szekler) museum at Maros-Vasarhely, and the Carpathian museum at Poprad should be mentioned.
- Some parts of Nagyszeben have a medieval appearance, with houses built in the old German style.
- Nagyszeben has a law academy, a seminary for Greek Orthodox priests, a military academy and several secondary schools.
- It was subdivided into fifteen countries, and contains the following principal towns: Kolozsvar, Brasso, NagySzeben, Maros-Vasarhely, Besztercze, Fogaras, Torda, Segesvar, Gyula-Fehervar, Des, Szamos-Ujvar.Advertisement