Nagar sentence example
- The territory of Damaun proper was conquered by the Portuguese in 1559; that of Nagar Havili was ceded to them by the Mahrattas in 1780 in indemnification for piracy.
- The Biafo glacier system, which lies in a long narrow trough extending south-west from Nagar on the Hunza to near the base of the Murtagh peaks, may be traced for 90 m.
- The Sina river, another tributary of the Bhima, flows through the Nagar and Karjat talukas.
- In the scientific use of the appellation, Dardistan comprises the whole of Chitral, Yasin, Panyal, the Gilgit valley, Hunza and Nagar, the Astor valley, the Indus valley from Bunji to Batera, the Kohistan-Malazai, i.e.
- Birbhum in the early part of the 13th century was a Hindu state, with its capital at Rajnagar or Nagar.Advertisement
- The settlement is divided into two parts, Damaun proper, and the larger pargana of Nagar Havili, the two being separated by a narrow strip of British territory.