Nachtigal sentence example
- The lake was visited by Eduard Vogel (1855) and by Gustav Nachtigal (1870), the last-named investigating its hydrography in some detail.
- See the works of Denham, Clapperton, Barth and Nachtigal cited in the biographical notices; Geog.
- At Togo Bremen merchants had trading stations, and taking advantage of this fact Dr Gustav Nachtigal, German imperial commissioner, induced the king of Togo (July 5, 1884) to place his country under German suzerainty.
- During the same year Dr Nachtigal was despatched to the west coast, and stealing a march on his British and French rivals he secured not only Togoland but Cameroon for the Germans.
- The government offices are placed in a fine park in which are statues of Gustav Nachtigal and others.Advertisement
- A treaty with King Bell was negotiated by Dr Gustav Nachtigal, the signature of the king and the other chiefs being obtained at midnight on the 15th of July 1884.
- Gustav Nachtigal, who visited Bilma in 1870, records that the temperature during the day rarely sank below 113° Fahr.
- For the central Sudan the most important work is that of Gustav Nachtigal, Sahara and Sudan (3 vols., Berlin 1879-1889).
- Gustav Nachtigal, who visited Bilma in 1870, records that the temperature during the day rarely sank below 113Ã‚° Fahr.