Nabu sentence example
- nabu, " speak."
- a Samas priest did not beget a man who became a priest of Nabu.
- The Babylonian deity Nabu (in Old Testament Nebo) is a contraction from Na-bi-u, which thus corresponds closely with the Hebrew nablti a and originally signified the speaker or proclaimer of destiny.
- "howler"), which is derived from a Piel of nabu, viz.
- To Marduk the prophet-god Nabu in his turn became son, and his consort Tashmit (" causing to hear ") was the personification of Revelation.Advertisement
- Its patron god was Nebo or Nabu.
- That the word nabhi a, " prophet," originally signified one who speaks or announces the divine will, is rendered highly probable by a comparison of the Assyrian nabu, meaning (a) to "call" or "name," (b) " announce" (see Delitzsch, Handwarterbuch sub voce).