Nabonidos sentence example
- It appeared, further, that the king ruling in Babylon at the time of the capitulation was named not Belshazzar, but Nabonidos.
- Nabonidos (Nabunaid, Nabu-nahid) was immediately succeeded by Cyrus, who ruled the whole Persian empire.
- ECBATANA (Agbatana in Aeschylus, Hangmatana in Old Persian, written Agamtanu by Nabonidos, and Agamatanu at Behistun, mod.
- Hamadan), the capital of Astyages (Istuvegu), which was taken by Cyrus in the sixth year of Nabonidos (549 B.C.).
- 2 The centralizing of worship at Babylon by its last king, Nabonidos, hardly seems to have amounted to monotheism.Advertisement
- But the vagueness of the Hebrew knowledge is further shown by the fact that Belshazzar, alleged king, is announced as the son of Nebuchadrezzar (misspelled Nebuchadnezzar in the Hebrew writings), while the three kings that reigned after Nebuchadrezzar, and before Nabonidos usurped the throne, are quite overlooked.