Nabhi sentence example
- 7 No better derivation is forthcoming of the word nabhi', " prophet," than that it is a Katil form of the root naba = Assyr.
- The new name nabhi' became necessary to express this function of more exalted significance, in which human personality played its larger role.
- It is certainly probable that the nabhi a emerged by a process of continued development, of which the intermediate stages are lost, from the older roeh, as the explanatory gloss in i Sam.
- The functions of roeh and nabhi a may indeed at first have been mingled.
- That the word nabhi a, " prophet," originally signified one who speaks or announces the divine will, is rendered highly probable by a comparison of the Assyrian nabu, meaning (a) to "call" or "name," (b) " announce" (see Delitzsch, Handwarterbuch sub voce).Advertisement