Naaman sentence example
- 38-41), the healing of Naaman the Syrian (v.
- If Naaman was to be healed, it could only be in a Palestinian river, and :two mules' load of earth would be the only permanent guarantee of Yahweh's effective blessing on the Syrian general in his Syrian home.
- (911-959) goes back the Jewish form of oath which in its later development required the Jew to gird himself with thorns; stand in water; and, holding the scroll of the Torah in his hand, invoke upon his person the leprosy of Naaman, the curse of Eli and the fate of Korah's sons should he perjure himself.
- Further, the healing of Naaman (alluded to in Luke iv.
- Io to be a cleansing medium, and Naaman's cure was held to pre-figure Christian baptism.Advertisement
- In the reign of Jehoram, Naaman, the Syrian general, came and was cleansed by the prophet Elisha of leprosy (2 Kings v.).