Monkland sentence example
- The parish of New Monkland, in which Airdrie lies, was formed (with Old Monkland)in 1640 out of the ancient barony of Monkland, so named from the fact that it was part of the lands granted by Malcolm IV.
- This last has a length of 124 m., and runs from the north-east of Glasgow through Coatbridge to Woodhall in the parish of Old Monkland.
- In 1846 its proprietors bought the Monkland canal, and in 1867 the combined undertaking passed into the hands of the Caledonian Railway Company.
- Bedlay North junction Top This was the northern junction on the triangular junction between the Bedlay branch and the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railroad.
- Old Monkland, situated to the east of Glasgow, erected a parish poorhouse at the south of what is now School Road.Advertisement