Moko sentence example
- The marks on his face are called ta moko.
- The Maori tribe creates intricate swirled designs known as moko that adorn the faces of their tribesmen.
- For instance, while the Maori tribe may have inked their faces in order to show their tribal origins (a process known as moko), other Polynesian islands did not follow the same practice.
- Of all the body modifications practiced around the world, there is perhaps none as intriguing as the pre-European moko of the Maori.
- Moko tattooing's distinction lies in both its execution and appearance.Advertisement
- The moko process relies on using sharpened uhi (chisels) made from Albatross bone and struck with a mallet to drive pigments into the skin.
- Instead of the smooth, one-dimensional shapes of regular tattooing, moko yields deep grooves filled with dark hues.