Mohtadi sentence example
- Mohtadi, who was a man of noble and generous spirit and had no lack of energy, began by applying the precarious measure of power which was left him to the reform of the court.
- But Mohtadi came too late, and the Turks did not leave him time to finish his work.
- During the absence of these troops, Mohtadi seems to have tried to get rid of the principal Turkish leaders.
- Mohtadi was overwhelmed and killed, Rajab 256 (June 870).
- He was a feeble, pleasureloving monarch, but Mohtadi had regained for the Caliphate some authority, which was exercised by Obaidallah b.Advertisement
- Mohtadi, the fourteenth Abbasid caliph, endeavoured vainly to replace them by Persians (the Abna).